Accelerate your launch
And don't cut corners
AWS is perfect for startups - only pay for what you need, scale to as big as you want.The rich library of services that AWS offer let you access best-practice solutions for almost any service you need almost instantly. Almost every internet startup builds on AWS for this reason.
But you can easily spend months setting up and tuning all the AWS services you need to build a modern best-practice hosting stack. Time is money for a startup, so it’s a no-brainer to use a system that can do this for you. Idealstack sets up a best-practice AWS stack, it doesn’t just throw your code on an EC2 instance. And it does it in minutes not months.
Get up and running with a
Best-practice stack on AWS now
There’s a lot of tools out there that will manage a server on AWS or other cloud platforms. Idealstack doesn’t just manage a server, it manages a best-practice Stack, made out of 25+ different AWS services.
We help you do things “the way they should be done” on AWS.
- Self-healing clusters across multiple availability zones
- Autoscaling based on demand
- Built from native AWS services - Cloudformation, RDS, ECS
- Managed OS Security Updates
Let us solve the hard problems for you
Idealstack deals with a lot of the hard but non-differentiating problems you have to solve when you setup infrastructure for your startup
- Devops - we provide pre-configured docker images that do what you need without needing to build it yourself
- Managing and updating servers (or EC2 instances) - Idealstack uses the stock Amazon-provided "ECS Optimised AMI" & runs everything in docker containers (which we manage). When there's any kind of OS update new instances and containers automatically replace your live ones. You never need to login to the server unless you want to
- Safe configuration changes - when making a config change to the server, new containers are created with that config, added to the cluster, and only when they pass healthchecks do they replace the old containers. If your containers can't pass healthchecks the change will rollback. There's no downtime for your app in this process
- Autoscaling - add new capacity automaticaly when need and remove it when it's not needed. No more guessing how much capacity you'll need!
- Clustered sessions (using DynamoDB)
- Deployment - use SFTP, SSH or any "standard" deployment tool. Although we use Docker for you to create isolated environments for your apps, you never need to deal with Docker. Idealstack manages it for you; and you just upload your code and it works
Build your app with AWS services
Because Idealstack runs in your own AWS account, you can easily connect your sites and apps to any other AWS service. The possibilities are endless:
- Cloudfront CDN lets you accelerate the performance of websites
- ElasticCache provides fully-managed Redis or Memcache instances to provide caching for your sites
- ElasticSearch provides a powerful search engine that can be integrated into many PHP-based CMS and Ecommerce systems
- AWS WAF can protect your site against attacks S3 provides cheap and ultra-reliable storage
- Use your client's log data to create metrics, dashboards and alerts with the click of a few buttons using CloudWatch.
- Test & deploy your code using AWS Codebuild
- Create Alexa skills that interact with your websites and apps
Support for all modern PHP frameworks
We built Idealstack in Laravel. We run Idealstack on our own platform, so we can vouch for it being a great platform for Laravel apps on AWS. But any other framework, like Zend, Symfony, CakePHP and native code works just as well.
<?php //How do I use highly-available sessions across my cluster using DynamoDB? // It happens automatically, just use normal PHP session functions: session_start(); $_SESSION['Normal Session Stuff'] = 'Easy!'; //How do I send email using AWS's Simple Email Service? // Just use normal PHP mail functions: mail('email@example.com', "Here's an email through SES!", "Just sent you this with the normal PHP mail command"); //How do I read and write files on a highly-available clustered file store? // Just use normal PHP file IO: $file_contents = file_get_contents("myfile.txt"); file_put_contents("myfile.txt", "How easy was that"); //How do I connect to a clustered, highly available mysql-compatible database? // Idealstack sets all this up for you, // including the alias 'database' for your db hostname $mysqli = new mysqli('database', 'your_user', 'your_pass', 'your_db'); //How do I compress and minify the output of my PHP // app to get higher performance and google rank? // mod_pagespeed does it automatically: echo "<!-- Do nothing, it happens automatically with google's mod_pagespeed -->"; //How do I make my app autoscale? // It'll happen automatically: $todo = null;